One of our apprentices, Sean Mitchell, has just been accepted on the Worcester Accredited Installer (WAI) Apprenticeship Programme.
Sean who is just starting his Level 3 NVQ, was one of 24 apprentices who have been individually picked from around the UK to carry out 11 days of additional training over the coming year working directly with Worcester Bosch. The training will include:
- Information required before, during and after installing a new boiler;
- The different types of boilers including gas and oil;
- Learning about different controls, how they benefit the customer and how they’re wired into the system;
- How to effectively clean an existing heating system;
- How to use a flue analyser and multi meter;
Sean will also have the opportunity to work along side a Worcester Technician working on boilers under warranty, where most of the calls are due to installer error. At the end of the training there will be a presentation for “Apprentice of the Year” which will be awarded to the apprentice who the trainers feel have put the most effort into this programme.
I feel this is a great opportunity for Sean and the other apprentices to improve their knowledge within the industry and help create better engineers for the future. Well done for Worcester Bosch for creating the programme and helping to raise the industry standards.