Heating & Plumbing Maintenance Engineer Job Description
Main duties to include, but not limited to, the following types of work:-
- Carrying out annual boiler servicing
- Completing Landlord gas safety inspections
- Attending planned and un-planned urgent calls
- Fault finding to boilers, heating wiring, systems and controls
- Carrying out repair work to boilers and heating systems
- Carrying out plumbing repair work
You will need to be able to work independently and also when required, with other Team members.
Be able to start and complete urgent jobs as requested with minimal notice.
Be willing to work overtime when required to complete urgent jobs.
Be able to understand, deal with and resolve problems as described by the customer.
Ensuring work is carried out efficiently and to give customer’s peace of mind.
The customers’ property should be treated with the highest most respect, at all times, laying dust sheets around work areas and wearing shoe covers where required. Ensuring work areas are as clean on completion, as they were before you started.
40 hours per week with an hourly rate of pay of £TBC
Weekdays & Saturday Overtime at 1.5x standard pay
Sunday & Bank Holidays Overtime at 2x standard pay
Weekend on call (approx. every 4-5 weeks) with £20/day standby fee
22 days paid holiday (plus usual bank holidays)
Company van, available for private use (charged per mile)
PPE, uniform and mobile phone provided
Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s)
As part of the job position we will be looking for the successful applicant to meet these KPI’s:
- Jobs to be completed to ensure safety, reliability and efficiency
- Jobs to be completed to ensure minimal call backs, of no more than 1 per 25 jobs
- To have an excellent knowledge of fault finding and system wiring
- To ensure all work is carried out to meet current regulations and current good working practices
- To meet the Company culture and standards at all times
You’d be described as being conscientious in your work and appearance, having a high level of integrity, a good communicator, self-motivated and willing to go the extra mile.
If you feel this is for you then please email your cv to email@example.com